Myers Briggs Self-Assessment
I just recently re-took the Myers Briggs personality test, which is a self-report questionnaire that indicates different psychological preferences in how people perceive the world. It is useful in helping people understand their behaviors, thoughts, decisions, motivations, and values. As a result of understanding your personality, you will have an easier time figuring out what work habits work best for you in certain environments. I recently took the Myers Briggs test and was given the personality type of ISFP, which stands for introvert Sensing Feeling Perceiving. My previous scores are elaborated on as follows:
The first letter of my score, which is I, stands for introvert. This is a measure of where and how I focus my attention. Since I acquired the letter I for this, it means that I focus more on the inner world ideas, thoughts, and reflection. Being an introvert means that I can become exhausted from being around people a lot. While this does not mean that I don’t like spending time out with people or friends, I will need to recharge by having some alone time after being in social environments for extended periods of time. On the contrary, if I was an extravert, I would get more energy from talking and being with people.
My second letter, being S, stands for sensing. This part indicates how I best take in information. Since I am sensing, I, or at least my brain, prefers to take in information using the 5 senses. Instead of intuition, where there is a lot of thinking, impressions, and identifying patterns involved, it’s easier for me to pay attention to physical reality and am more concerned about remembering details important to me. I understand better through experience rather than just words and symbols.
The third letter I received, F, stands for feeling. This measures how I make decisions. I was given feeling for this category, which means I tend to make decisions based on my personal values, harmony, and compassion for others. When I have to make a decision, I usually rely less on logic and whatever the “norm” dictates, and instead, rely more on what other people involved care about and their points of view. I would most likely do whatever it takes to maintain my positive healthy relationships.
The last letter of my score, P, stands for perceiving. This last quadrant of the 4 core blocks indicates how I approach and go about my everyday life. I received perceiving for this, which means that I structure my life in flexible and open-ended way. Even though I was not classified as judging, which implies that I am very organized, I actually do like to be organized to an extent, especially when it comes to my daily schedule and classes at college. This also proves that even though people may be one letter for a certain category, they still share qualities of both sides. Of course, no side of any portion of the test is good or bad. They are just different ways of preference to each matter.
Comments
Post a Comment